24H du Mans / 24H of Le Mans 2011

Pandur

so the race is over and it was a very tight win for audi. after 24 houers racing audi won by something like 20 to 30 seconds lead. actually a unbelivable tight race. is saw roughly 20 or 21 of the 24 hours on eurosport channel which boadcasted the race 24 hours live. i had some power naps in the safety car phases.

there where 2 spectacular accidents involving LMP1 class audis and 1 accident with two GT cars and numerous small incidents and yet nobody was injured which is a great thing, although it resulted in about 3 long hours of safety car "action".

i almost took the 1000km+ drive to go there this year and see it for myself. with only 61€ for a basic ticket that lets you see everything from thursday to sunday including the pit walk on friday where you can walk right into the pits is extremely cheap i found. also this tickets are in endless supply and you dont need to pre order anything, you simply go there and buy a 61€ ticked at the box office at the track. with roughly 14km track lenght place for spectators is plenty.

well, i plan to go next year. because the biggest problem when you go there is the beer, the local french stuff is not good and overpriced, but your nice and tasty beer you brought by car is very hot in the daytime if you dont manage to get it cooled somehow. and bear stored in the car in june is, well worse then french beer :D

There was Eurosport feed, the official Le Mans race order tracker, the Corvette live cam, the Audi live cam. It was hell knowing which to watch. I think Peugeot were a trifle naughty and I am a Pug supporter.

And the PS3 Gran Turismo selected driver Ourdinez is on the podium 3 years later. Not bad going.

From the land where keeping beer cool has greater importance than ..... anything

http://www.engelaustralia.com.au/

Our gift to Europe

;)

Clearly you lot are very serious on the subject. Around here, folks just get one of those styrofoam boxes, throw in a case of beer surrounded by a couple bags of ice and get on with it. But then, it seldom gets very hot either.

Michael

To cool your beer, you will need 1 esky full of water (melted ice), 1 handful ammonium nitrate (not too easy to get hold of unless you're on an explosives crew in an iron ore mine. Don't go looking for some unless you're cool with being put on a watch list somewhere.) Put beer in water, add AN to water - endothermic reaction and cool beer.