Mod wish #1: high grid

I certainly like the grid effect when I'm viewing from a low level. What I'd like to see from a high level is an overlay of lines of constant elevation, sort of what you get on a topographic map.

I don't know how hard this would be to program, but it would be nice if pressing a key would replace the map with the elevation numbers for each visible map square and releasing the key would return the regular map.

The currently available grid unfortunately does the opposite of what I'd like.

I'd like to see the grid from high elevations, and not when I'm down low.

Anyone!?

GaJ

Exactly what you're asking for is not possible, but there is a facsimile already available - terrain tiles have two levels of texture, one for close terrain and another from faraway terrain. By applying grid only to the distant terrain you will not see it near the camera when you're low down. The exact distance at which the two textures meet depends on 3d quality settings.

Niessuh outer grid

img_1177_01.jpg