Rotate units in the setup phase.

As I said, trenches can face any way you want them to; you just need to lay down at least 2 trench tiles side by side so the game knows which way the trench is running.

Bear in mind that a single "unit" of trench in CMBN is only 8m, while a unit of trench in CMx1 was 20m, so even two CMBN trench units put together is still shorter than a single unit of trench in CMx1.

Ok, my concrete problem is a follow:

In the Busting The Bocage battle on the by-pass road between la Terre a Deshayes and OBJ EULE I can not place a trench so that is it normal to the by-pass road. From there, I would like to attack the incaming enemy tanks on the main road.

How to solve of it?

Ok, my concrete problem is a follow:

In the Busting The Bocage battle on the by-pass road between la Terre a Deshayes and OBJ EULE I can not place a trench so that is it normal to the by-pass road. From there, I would like to attack the incaming enemy tanks on the main road.

How to solve of it?

I had some problems with this as well. Too bad the manual doesn't cover this. Eventually I found that you could use a second trench (or wire) to "pull" the first one in the direction you want. Takes a little practice I think. After you've got it going the right way, you can build a line or move the second one away, leaving the first one pointed the way you want. Unfortunately the facing symbol underneath doesn't change direction, so you have to get up close to see if you have everything going the right way.

I don't know what you would do if you only have one trench or one wire. Maybe the experts will post on that one.

Edit: I was wrong, I think you have to have at least two trenches or wires connected to keep them facing in the direction you want.