covered arc???

Hi..

Not sure if I understand the tank/at gun covered arc problem. I

t appears to me when you select shift+target arc that you get a 360 covered arc for both AT and Tanks (in addition to troops). Is everyone saying that when you do this, the AT guns and Tank shoot anyway when a target becomes available? I guess I've not noticed this, but I want to confirm.

Also, am I understanding covered arc correctly? Is there another way to do covered arc in the UI and a "cover arc" nothing to do with target arc action? That seems improbable, but again, I'm new to this interface and I'd like to make sure I understand correctly.

thanks,

Hi..

Not sure if I understand the tank/at gun covered arc problem.

What everybody is complaining about is AT guns and tanks breaking concealment to fire at soft targets when it is desired that they only give their attention to hard targets. There is a "Target Light" command that only fires automatic weapons, but what is needed is a command to hold fire unless an armored target appears.

Also, am I understanding covered arc correctly? Is there another way to do covered arc in the UI and a "cover arc" nothing to do with target arc action?

"Target Arc" is the official name for the command and the arc it produces, but more casually the two terms are interchangeable.

Michael

I'd also like a Target Infantry Arc...e.g. for snipers to use so they don't target tanks (except the exposed crews maybe) or when you only want to use limited MG ammo against infantry, or for whatever reason.

This way you have the best of both worlds: cover all, cover inf, cover armor, cover light