XP+Nvidia - How do I turn off FSAA?

Hi Jeff! Hope you are well.

Actually, you should not disable FSAA as it clears up some of the errors. There are several posts about it lying around here. There might not be a definitive answer for your configuration, but you should be able to get it playable.

Regards,

Heinz

Yes, you need to turn on FSAA, which is off by default.

Go to Start Menu > Settings > Control Panel > (in Classic View) Display control panel > Settings tab > Advanced... button > go to the tab that is named after your particular GeForce model > Additional Properties.. button > 3D Antialiasing Settings tab > select the radio button for 'Manual select antialiasing mode' > depending on your GeForce model you'll have 2X, 4X and possibly Quincux (GeForce 3 family).

Are you aware of the 'white transparency' bug with the NVidia drivers under Windows 2000/XP ? The initial 2D menus will look weird since white will be transparent. You need to either ESC or ALT-TAB out of CM and then remaximize CM. White will now be opaque (until you finish up with a 3D screen and come back to a 2D one - white will be transparent again).

It's not a perfect solution since some end-game 2D screens will not come up even when you ESC and come back. I'm under the impression that some forthcoming NVidia drivers (possibly the 26.xx series) will fix this problem, but I don't know when they'll be released.