Bailed German Crew Bug?

Before anyone asks, I checked hard for all topics in the past for an answer to my question. I found the bug raised about bailed crews having field cap textures stretched over what should not be helmets. But I am having a problem I have never witnessed before until recently.

When my crews bail from their tanks they are represented by infantry crews instead of bailed tank crew. The strangest thing is it only occurs during multiplayer games. And by the way, this takes place in CMAK. Thanks in advance.

Tschüß!

Erich

By 'multiplayer' I assume you mean TCP/IP and not PBEMs also.

Have you modded this copy of CMAK, especially with uniforms ? Which AFVs have an 'infantry' crew instead of a normal 'tank' crew bail out; all of them ? Do you notice the wrong uniforms at the time of bailing out or do you notice this at the end of the game ? Are all of the AFVs with the wrong bailed crew 'Abandoned' or do they have another status (Knocked Out, etc.) ?

It's possible that you have confirmed a new bug (or one that is under-reported/remembered), but a fix is unlikely to be forthcoming unfortunately.

Sorry about that, I should have added I have experienced it during TCP/IP play. I have modded my copy of CMAK and I have pondered on whether or not I may have accidentaly overwritten a tank crew bmp. But it only occurs during TCP games so I think that is somewhat ruled out.

And it is specifically tank crews. They have 'infantry crew' bmps the moment they bail. It does not differentiate between abandoned or knocked out, the same result for either or.

Sadly I realize too that if this is a bug that there will likely be no quick patch or fix to it. If anyone has any experience of this though, their thoughts would be much appreciated.

Tschüß!

Erich

This bug is intriguing because it borders on being a feature.

What was your FOW setting when this happened, and did your crewmen eventually revert to being crewmen? Were they labeled as crew the whole time?

I just played Oranges and Lemons from CMAK five times at different FOW settings to watch bailing enemy crewmen pop out as infantry and evolve into crewmen.

I rather like the concept that under certain circumstances you can't completely identify your own units. Reminds me of the old Atomic Games V4V series where severly fatigued units would become unidentifiable until they managed to get their act together again.