Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Two player campaigns?

Two player campaigns are possible, and it is also totally possible to track units for both sides. But it'll just take some consideration to make sure that there remains some kind of balance, yet battle victories also mean something. So eg. losing badly in one battle wouldn't permanently cripple one player, but it would still be felt. But it can be done.

Two player campaigns are possible, and it is also totally possible to track units for both sides. But it'll just take some consideration to make sure that there remains some kind of balance, yet battle victories also mean something. So eg. losing badly in one battle wouldn't permanently cripple one player, but it would still be felt. But it can be done.

Well, thanks for the answer Sergei, but I fear I'm not express myself clear enough. Sorry about my english, people...

I was refering to the campaigns already in the game. If i'm not wrong they can't be played by two players, even you can't choose the side, but actually this is not a problem to me. I'll actually enjoy a campaign game against a human opponent playing with germans, even without any track by mi side, just with the pre generates setups and situations.

I wonder why this chance is not possible. Probably i'm wrong but if the game has only to keep tracked one side (the americans, ok, no problem) it haven't to have a big problem to implement it...

The campaign author designates if the campaign is playable by two players. But the issue is that, regardless of whether units are tracked or not, a campaign made for single player would likely be very lopsided as a two player game. It would need to be designed, or at least adjusted, for that kind of play so that both players have a fair chance of winning, and also that taking a beating in one battle doesn't totally ruin the game.

The campaign author designates if the campaign is playable by two players. But the issue is that, regardless of whether units are tracked or not, a campaign made for single player would likely be very lopsided as a two player game. It would need to be designed, or at least adjusted, for that kind of play so that both players have a fair chance of winning, and also that taking a beating in one battle doesn't totally ruin the game.

Ok, now I've understand it. So, as you says its possible to design a campaign to be played by two players. That's nice:)

The point was, as actual campaigns seems -IMHO- a bit easy for veteran players, it would be a good challenge to play them against a human opponent.

Oh, one other minor item. If your planning to fight over the same town, say St. Maire Egleis, the town damage, KO'd vehicles and the like will not be saved from one battle to the next. Say in battle 1 the town is destroyed but in battle 2 the town reappears all healled!!?? What the ... "Houston we have a problem ..."