latest notebook gaming

You probably don't need to hear this, but it works great on my TiBook. Copied the cd using disk copy and I don't even need the power sucking cd in. Great for those long flights (except for the woman next to you who's not that impressed when you shout out, "Yes! Killed that ****ing Panzer!" out of the blue.)

Fate

Guest Panzer Boxb
Originally posted by obrian:

anyone got one of the following or similiar?

Dell Inspiron 8200 (geforce 4M, UXGA+)

Gateway 600XL (ATI 7500, SXGA)

Compaq presario 2800 (ATI 7700, SXGA)

What system do you have and how does CM play and other games?

Trying to decide, thanks.

Up until recently I had an Inspiron 8100 with a 32MB Geforce2 GO system and the 15" UXGA screen run by a 1.13GHz P3. Run CM, Counter-Strike, Aliens vs Predator, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Ghost Recon, etc. quite nicely. I can only assume the new P4 with the latest vid systems will only be better.

I just got an Inspiron 8200. I've only had it for about two weeks, but so far in *&?!^) rocks. I spend over 100 days/year on the road, and having a mobile CM platform has been just great.

No compatibility problems thus far with CM or any other game, for that matter. Great screen, good sound card. No complaints.

Cheers,

YD