Fukushima - elderly volunteeers

I like this -

The Skilled Veterans Corps, as they call themselves, is made up of retired engineers and other professionals, all over the age of 60.

They say they should be facing the dangers of radiation, not the young.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13598607

But what nearly made me lose my sushi (seriously - I am having sushi for lunch!!) was this bit -

And he laughs off suggestions his proposed team is comparable to the kamikaze pilots who flew suicide missions in World War II.

"We are not kamikaze. The kamikaze were something strange, no risk management there. They were going to die. But we are going to come back. We have to work but never die."

Ferkin' brilliant!! :D:D:D

I remember reading a translation of the Kamikaze instruction manual. It was all about how to select targets, what to aim for, the right spirit etc. But one thing that really caught my eye was the admonishment to take off gently so as not to risk damage to the landing gear.

THAT is risk management.