What is the correct way to install the 1.05 patch?

bthom

Hello fellow war gamers! I'm new at CM and am trying to upgrade from 1.03 to 1.05. I'm used to a patch auto installing when you download and click on it. Apparently the way CM does it is different. Do I just drag the patch file from my downloads folder to the CM folder and it automatically overwrites the old file or is there more to it than that. ie Do I have to delete the old file first or what? Thanx for helping out a novice.

Assuming you're on a PC (though it should be nearly the same for a Mac) you can drag the Combat Mission.exe from the cm v 1.05 update folder that was created during the patch extraction to the CMBO directory. It will overwrite the similarly named file in the directory (if you're not creating a shortcut - you'll have to press Shift to Move the file or Ctrl to copy the file while you are dragging) and you should be ready to go. If you want to keep the 1.03 executable, you can just rename it before moving/copying 1.05 or copy/move it elsewhere.

You'll have to unzip the file first by double-clicking on the downloaded file. It will create a sub-directory containing the new CM executable (.exe) file. Right-click on this file and select "cut". Then go into your CM directory (probably c:\cmbo). Right click on the directory (folder) and select "paste". Select Yes when prompted if you want to overwrite the file.

That's it. You'll know which version you have by looking at the main screen in the lower right-hand corner.

BeWary

------------------

"Liberty or Death?" Make it "Victory or Pretty Damned Badly Wounded", and I'm yours. - a prospective recruit during the American Revolution.