Were Nazca lines just trenches? (Alert- SPOILERS!!)

If you haven't played "Buying the farm" yet, you probably don't want to read this.

Now: Hi, I was playing "btf" as USA when I noticed some funny lines in the terrain, while reviewing the first turn.

CM%20Normandy%202011-05-24%2020-36-37-90.png

First I thought they would be alien signs, but in the 2nd turn my recon team brought me back to earth, and discovered the ugly truth (and the ugly truth finished him instantly).

Is this a glitch of my video card, a bug, or does my PC have ESP?

PD: now, watching the screen capture, I see something I didn't notice then, probably my unit already have some LOS to the westernmost corner of the trenches.

It is not a glitch. If you zoom out quite a ways, you will see the impressions of all breaks in the ground level mesh. And those breaks will be the location of trenches, bunkers and ditches.

Nothing can be done about it, except to limit yourself to not zooming out to that level.

It is not a glitch. If you zoom out quite a ways, you will see the impressions of all breaks in the ground level mesh. And those breaks will be the location of trenches, bunkers and ditches.

Nothing can be done about it, except to limit yourself to not zooming out to that level.

I thought they struggled and struggled with trenches ( ? fortifications in general ? ) and eventually came up with the current method which (while perhaps not the prettiest) doesn't deform/break the ground mesh. Ditches, I can certainly see would, but bunkers?

Which was my impression as well. But above surface defense works still show a faint 'impression' on my machine. For example, trenches show as two parallel 'railway track' impressions when I zoom nearly full out.

Perhaps it is a video glitch after all, but I am seeing what the OP is seeing.

I thought the picture would speak a better english than I do :D

My troops had no los to the trenches. Mostly. See that different corner beside the lonely farmhouse at the south side of the road? No nazca-lines there, but a regular trench.

Probably one of my stuarts had LOS to that spot by the time I took the picture, but that's unimportant.

I could "feel" the trenches since the first second, definitely with no los.