Beefing up the AI

Had a thought.

I was looking for a way to increase the AI side's chances, without changing loads of things in a scenario. There are quite a few details in these new scens, and changes are non-trivial endeavours. So, what to do?

I am thinking of releasing three versions of each scenario. The only thing that changes is Experience and Motivation for the AI side.

Human v Human and/or Human v 1st time AI - standard design

Human v repeated AI - AI side is mostly Crack with a few Veteran units, and they all come with Extreme/Fanatic Motivation.

My theory is that this will allow the AI to 'push' each unit just as hard as a human would. A human can fire at units, and they keep coming.

It could turn the same old AI pixeltruppen into ...

expend1.jpg

---------

Has this been tried?

That's more or less what the old computer experience bonus used to do IIRC. That is much more what I would call a difficulty setting as compared to the Iron, Elite etc which are more like FoW and Simulation hardcoreness settings. Most games tend to make the enemy more Uber in harder settings.

There's certainly something to be said for creating multiple versions of scenarios. There are a few out there with a H2H and an AI variant and I can't see any problem with an Easy/Hard version.

Ideally though we could have the force bonus and computer difficulty toggles right there when you start a game like they used to be.