Demo v full game question

I cannot get the demo to run. I've tried the various fixes suggested and still no joy

(Running Windows 7).

Does this mean that the full game will not work for me? I have not seen a definitive answer to this and it's the only thing stopping me from ordering the game. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you! :)

Im using windows 7 64bit and it works great. Do you get any error message when You start the demo or it just doesnt start?

I'm also using 64 bit. There are no error messages. The "Battlefront" logo appears and the music plays, then it simply crashes to desktop. Very strange. :(

The demo also works fine on my iMac, though I've a lot to learn about how to accomplish goals with my US forces. The Kraut defenders (of obviously poor quality from examining the map after the Cease Fire) seem to murder my Shermans and my infantry at little cost to themselves.

I understand from reading other comments that the US mortars can be very effective. However I haven't yet been able to get the mortars to a position with a line of site to any Krauts, nor have I been able to get a platoon leader to a position with a line of site, much less close enough to the mortars to give them fire directions.

Actually, it took me three plays of the first four or five minutes just to get a US rifle squad into the first field on the left past the first hedgerow on the left without casualties. (The squad got almost wiped out in my first two plays.) Unfortunately both Shermans accompanying them had their crews bail out after numerous wheel hits, weapon hits, and a couple of turret penetrations.

Given that it's a 45 minute situation, perhaps I'm rushing too much. There seem to be a lot of US troops in the scenario, with the US strength about doubling from the first batch of reinforcements four or five minutes after the start. Two squads and two tanks should be sufficient to take the farm objective from the defending German half squad, but I have yet to figure out how.