Custom Point Limit Quick Battles

It would be really nice to be able to have custom point quick battles where you can manually set how many points are available (perhaps a combined amount so the ratio on attack/assault missions is preserved for defenders/attackers).

That way you could have a battle with only 350 points if you wanted, or a battle with 1200, or 6000. It would offer much greater flexibility. Especially for smaller battles, 900+ points can buy quite a lot of infantry.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to start a separate post requesting this but decided to do my research first! :D And behold! A post already existed.

+1 to this request. It would be very nice to be able to set a custom point level. Are there any technical reasons why this can't be done?? Is the AI programmed to already pre-select optimal unit formations based on the set parameters of battle size and unit type???

I was curious about this too... I also noticed that no matter what you do, you'll never get enough points for an entire panzer battalion.

Now I realize some may not want to deal with all the clicking a panzer battalion would require --and as I play real time I know there would be a lot! -- but I'd like to be able to play that on occasion without having to go the route of make up a whole battle using the scenario editor.

So add me to the camp that would like to set points as well or something along the lines of a random number picker between certain values that would look like this:

Attacker (random between 1000 and 1300)

Defender (random between 500 and 800)

I envision this as a way to represent shaky intelligence and occasionally running into either weaker or stronger defense than anticipated. So if you as the attacker got 1000 and the AI or defending player got 800, then it could be one heck of a set back! I think this would be a nice feature for campaigns as well for their replayability if there were the possibility of slightly stronger or slightly weaker force mixes if the designer so chose.

So add me to the camp that would like to set points as well or something along the lines of a random number picker between certain values that would look like this:

Attacker (random between 1000 and 1300)

Defender (random between 500 and 800)

This would be GREAT! ... I agree. For both Quick Battles and even Campaigns.