Correct me if I'm wrong, but both the K98 and M1 Garand are sharing the same sound file - gun rifle.wav

Would it be possible, in future patches, to get different sound files for the M1 Garand and K98. Realistically, both weapons sound somewhat different, and would be a nice touch for the game.

Good to see you CPT Mike!

We have to be careful about expanding the sound file list. They suck up a lot of memory and actually have an impact on overhead speed. Which is why weapons that mostly sound alike share the same sound effect.

A Grand is distinctly different in combat conditions, usually, because it's barking a lot faster than a Kar98k. Love the Garand :D

Steve

Nonetheless, Steve, a Garand does sound noticeably different from a K98. I know from personal experience of owning both types of rifles.

I do hope this is addressed by the time the series returns to the Eastern Front. There is no reason why an SVT-40 (again, I own one of these ;)) should be sharing the same sound file with the Mosin and the Mauser. At the least (IMO), there should be two separate sound files: one for semi-auto rifles and one for bolt-action rifles (which should include a sound of the bolt being manipulated).