Small issue with TRPs

Hi - first off, loving the game so far! No surprise there, I loved the demo too!

I'm playing the infantry-heavy campaign created by Paper Tiger (WeGo), and in the first mission I'm having some bother getting the 81mm mortars to fire on the TRPs I placed. I used the 4th Company HQ to call in the strike on one of the TRPs with an expected time of 3 minutes, but the fire mission was never started - after 7 minutes the fire mission was still saying 'Preparing <1 minute', and I cease fired the mortars.

I then issued the the same order 2 turns later using Easy Company HQ (ETA 2 minutes) and again after 5 minutes it was still saying 'Preparing <1 minute' - that's when I had to stop playing and do some work (damn work!)

I seem to recall an old bug in CMSF whereby changing a fire mission's parameters could cause the timer to go into an infinite loop and never actually begin - is it possible something similar this is going on? Not that I altered the fire mission at all.

I have save games available showing the 'Preparing <1 minute' state for both HQ's fire missions, but unfortunately not one for when the actual orders were given.

Other than this minor annoyance, I'm enjoying the mission so far - advancing over flat ground against machine gun fire - what's not to love? Oh, and I'm pretty sure there's no enemies where I moved the TRP to anyway!:D

Silly question, but just need to check:

- is the HQ "Hiding"?

- Is the artillery called on map or off map? If on map, same question, is it hiding? (I presume is off map but also need to make sure)

Nope - HQ is not hiding, and does not move at all from the moment before issuing the fire mission to the point I stopped clicking End Turn. The HQ is not suppressed, and takes no fire at all during this process.

Oh, and the 81mm mortar is an off map asset.

I actually just tried using my on-map 60mm mortars to hit the TRPs (selected by the same HQ using the Point Target order on both TRPs - one mortar team each) - and that worked without any issue!

So it seems this problem I'm having is limited to off board fire missions only. It's almost certainly a random combination of factors causing it - the worst type of bug to recreate! I should know, having 14 years as a software tester under my (ever expanding) belt!

Seems like a bug, and I do remember occasionally running into this in CMSF. PM me and I will get the saves and report as needed.

One more question: were the missions requested during setup phase or after the game had started?

One more question: were the missions requested during setup phase or after the game had started?

I repositioned the TRPs in the set up phase, but I called the fire missions in on about the third or fourth turn.

Thanks akd - PM sent!

Oh, and just to add, I managed a Total Victory without the aid of the TRPs! I could call in the 81mm mortars anywhere on the map except the specific TRP, but I didn't really need them - I managed very well with the 60mm mortars in this mission.