CMBB: mac freeze after startup

Hi. Trolled the records and couldn't find a solution.

I launch CMBB, I get all the start up windows and sound, but when the game comes up on the screen, I can see the map and get the sound, but the interface panel is blank, and the screen is frozen.

No buttons work at all (except "esc" back to OS10), so I can't minimize (as per tech suggestion).

Tech suggestion "Turn off Full Screen Anti-aliasing for your video card. This can be done via the video cards display properties panel" sounds interesting, but I can't find the video cards display properties panel".

Mac G5, pre-Intel, OS 10.4.10, 1.5GB, 150Gb storage

Cinema HD Display

ATI Raedon 9600

OS9.2.2 which I just loaded so I could play CMBB

Can anyone help? Thanks for your time.

michael

Sorry to break it to you but CMAK/BB will not run in classic on a G5 (cmbo will funnily run at a crawl) nor is a G5 dual-bootable. :(

It really needs a G3 or G4 capable of dual-booting purely into OS9.

If you really realy want to play CMBB/AK then either look for a dedicated mac (see above) or upgrade to an intel Mac with bootcamp, XP and PC version of CM or as a last resort defect to completely to the darkside...

Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin Troubleshooting Guide

Problem: I have OS-X installed and CMBB won't run.

Cause/Solution: CMBB does not support OS-X in either native or classic mode. In order to play you will need to setup your Mac to dual boot with a dedicated 9.x bootable partition and play the game from there.

[ October 20, 2007, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Hey thanks Wicky.

Even bad news is good news when it settles the issue.

And sorry I didn't find the obvious answer in the TS guide. I shoulda RTFM'd more closely.

The old CM series are by far my fave games OAT, and I've been pining for years now since I upped to OSX.

Cheers, M