Extracting the Map from an Operation

Hi,

Perhaps I’m missing something obvious here but I have been given permission to use the map from an operation for several stand alone scenarios and I’m bouncing around trying to figure out how to “save” the map as a discrete file so I can then import it for the scenarios.

Is this possible?

Do I need some third party utility?

Any suggestions / advice (the map is 8km x 4km so “redrawing” it is not really an option).

Map converter by Pyewacket will take an operations map and convert it to a regular one. I can't find the link to the download at the moment though.

Your operations map will probably be larger than are allowed for scenarios. But Map converter will read the whole operations map and then you can write parts of it to your scenario map. Kind of like cutting it into smaller pieces.

I do this when I want to copy something off one of my maps to put into a new one. Like a nice mansion and surrounding area, instead of redoing it from scratch, just use Map converter to put that block on to the new map in the location I want and that part is done.

A really handy tool.

lee :)

Lee,

Thanks. I’ll have a look for it (bet it wont run on my Mac though).

However, I want to maintain the current map size (to force players away from “edge running” and be aware that there is a bigger picture.

I might just keep it as an Operation and reduce the number of battles to one and see what happens.