medic troops

hello all,

at first the game is fantastic i love it and its better than cmsf (i like this game too but cmbn is better:)).

is it possible to change the reaction time and the reaction zone to give first aid? the troops must stay on the wounded/ dead troops to give first aid that is argl :D

the other i want to ask is it is possible to implement first aid troops??

With best regards

How were the medics assigned? One per squad? What would work is if in the menu where it lets you split squads into teams is to have a button which splits off a medic team which could remain behind to attend to squad casualties.

How I handled this in The Road to Berlin was to have the platoon commanders group follow the squads and provide the medic for the squads. This worked well, and every casualty receive help quickly, while the rest of the squad kept moving forward.

There could be problems with command which I'm not used to at this point or even aware of.:)

Nah, the current implementation of wounded and buddy aid is about as detailed as BFC want to make it. Good call imho. Few people are buying wargames for the battlefield triage aspect. :)

The reaction time is dependant on what else is going on. If there is a massive firefight going in the vicinity the wounded are out of luck till things calm down.

I do agree that the radius seems a little tight. Especially if a guy gets wounded at the corner of 4 action spot, it takes a while to get the team coming to his aid to the right spot to trigger buddy aid. It probably is that way to prevent helpful troops wandering away from where you left them and in to lanes of fire.

One tiny suggestion i would make is that the aiding troop firstly takes the weapon and ammo. I had my gunner wounded on open field last night and i wanned to recover the B.A.R., i had to wait till the medic applies budy-aid first, then took his weapon. ...it may sound cruel but i needed that gun ASAP, would take care of him later hopefully.

One tiny suggestion i would make is that the aiding troop firstly takes the weapon and ammo. I had my gunner wounded on open field last night and i wanned to recover the B.A.R., i had to wait till the medic applies budy-aid first, then took his weapon. ...it may sound cruel but i needed that gun ASAP, would take care of him later hopefully.

More testing is in order to see if this is always the case.

Ideally, buddy aid vs weapon pickup would be variable. In some instances troops would grab weapon first, in others, would patch up their buddy first.

Having too much exact control over one's troops, I feel, takes away from the realism. IRL, commanders are NEVER in full control of all their troops actions.

How were the medics assigned? One per squad? What would work is if in the menu where it lets you split squads into teams is to have a button which splits off a medic team which could remain behind to attend to squad casualties.

One per squad? Dream on. Actual medics were usually assigned two per company, so if you were lucky your platoon might have one nearby. Nowhere near as many medics were out there as one would think from watching the movies but they did a heckuva job and paid a big price for it.

Here's a nice breakdown for one regiment:

http://www.30thinfantry.org/medics.shtml

I find it pretty effective to split off one scout team per platoon (or a half-squad for bigger groups) and use them as dedicated medics. With a bit of micromanagement they can take care of a normal number of casualties. Of course, this isn't always needed, but if you are rapidly advancing it can be very helpful.

One per squad? Dream on. Actual medics were usually assigned two per company, so if you were lucky your platoon might have one nearby. Nowhere near as many medics were out there as one would think from watching the movies but they did a heckuva job and paid a big price for it.

When I was with 3rd ID in 1990, we had 1 medic per platoon, and even that was viewed as insufficient.

A program was launched to create "combat lifesavers", where 1 soldier per squad was trained in advanced first aid. Not full medic skills, but actually had a medic bag (I think I still have mine somewhere...) and coud do IV's.

Said soldier was supposed to be the primary care for wounded until an actual medic could show up. Once medic showed up, the "lifesaver" would return to his squad.

This would allow other squad members to move forward without disruption.

Of course, there were no contingencies for "2nd lifesaver" in case the 1st one got hit, but at least the problem was being addressed. Finally. In 1990!

I find it pretty effective to split off one scout team per platoon (or a half-squad for bigger groups) and use them as dedicated medics. With a bit of micromanagement they can take care of a normal number of casualties. Of course, this isn't always needed, but if you are rapidly advancing it can be very helpful.
That, my good man, is a REALLY good tactic. Will use ASAP!