No surrender in Tutorial?

I ran the tutorial scenario to start learning my way around the UI. I thoroughly stomped the German forces, and still had a good number of turns left even after running a mop-up operation. (No credit to me, I had it set in easy mode, as I am wanting to learn my way around the game/UI better right now rather than seek a challenge)

I had guys hanging out at the farm eating bacon sandwiches, my armor and troops were standing around in the crossroads like they were waiting on the devil, and the only German troops left at all were in surrender mode. Still the scenario didn't end. I kept clicking on the next button (I was in wego mode) and it would just return it back to me, as there was nothing to calculate.

Is this a bug, or am I supposed to click through the remaining turns in scenarios to end the game and get the victory screen? I don't recall seeing anything in the briefing to have troops exit off the map, just to take possession of the two goal areas.

This is certainly not a game breaker! I found myself replaying the action at several points in the game just to enjoy the detail of the animations, and there were several "wow" moments. Also, the AI really impressed me with some of the troop reactions as they came under fire, or reacted to targets of opportunity as they maneuvered.

The only one unhappy right now is my wife, she wants to know where she can file for game widow benefits...... :D

Umm...I had almost the exact situation and after only about 8 minutes left (also WeGo), the germans surrendered...so no idea what happened in your game..

Did you smoke out the germans in the bocage on the east side of the map? (I had to take down some squads there and after that they surrendered)

Good thought, I hadn't as it wasn't on my objective list, so had expected the game to end once I had secured both objectives. I'll bet that's the answer!

I eliminated all the squads on the east side that I ran into or spotted as I advanced, but did not go up the road in the upper right corner, as there were no objectives there.

I will definitely be replaying the tutorial (still figuring out a number of things) so will do that next time. I had a bad Doh! moment last night as I realized I didn't save the game just as I was clicking on the mouse to close it out :)

Thanks!

Good thought, I hadn't as it wasn't on my objective list, so had expected the game to end once I had secured both objectives. I'll bet that's the answer!

I eliminated all the squads on the east side that I ran into or spotted as I advanced, but did not go up the road in the upper right corner, as there were no objectives there.

I will definitely be replaying the tutorial (still figuring out a number of things) so will do that next time. I had a bad Doh! moment last night as I realized I didn't save the game just as I was clicking on the mouse to close it out :)

Thanks!

The enemy won't surrender until you've beat 'em up enough to persuade them to chuck in the towel. If you've got all the Victory Locations under your belt, and hammered them hard (but still shy of the surrender trigger) you'll have a victory once you hit the scenario time limit (or if you offer a ceasefire and they accept).

In CMSF (yes, I know some people hate the mention of that game) there were complaints that the surrender threshold was set too low, that you'd get an unexpected surrender just as things got interesting. That may have been the result of near-universal green Syrian infantry. If Germans are a tougher nut to crack that's okay by me. You can always hit 'Cease fire' when you've spilled as much blood as you want to spill and jump to the victory screen.

Yea I always hit Ceasefire once I secure enough objectives and the enemy isn't putting up a counter attack. Why am I going to spend 20 minutes of my life routing out the last infantry squad? It isn't like they would somehow miraculously take the objective.. hence the ceasefire I always use.