Sharing tools via the repository

I've created a small grid overlay tool for google earth that others might be interested in (as mentioned elsewhere, it just creates grids for google earth at any angle so you can align the grid with whatever road / terrain features you want, which can be useful in map making). Nothing exciting, but might be useful for some map makers.

Anyhow, anyone know if such things can be uploaded to the repository? I'd hazard a guess that BFC would be against hosting unknown .exe files (and besides, there isn't really a category in the repository for general mapmaking tools...).

Not sure where a good place to host it might be asuming the repository is out of bounds either. Any reliable suggestions from anyone?

If you put it in a zip, I don't see why it couldn't be uploaded.

I have seen all kinds of content in the repository: pdf's with information, excell sheets, etc.

BF declares with each download that it doesn't take responsibility for the content of those files (although I trust that they would remove any reported malware).

If that does not work you can get a free DropBox account and create a public folder which can then be used to create a url to your file. You should create a .zip file for your deliverable for something like this. If that will not work for you I would be willing to host a moderately sized file on my domain lesliesoftware.com.

Ian