How does one transfer original map?

I am obviously new and am attempting to modify Strategic Command Global Conflict WWII. The problem is that I cannot figure out how to retain or transfer the original map along with other non-map elements that I've successfully modified. Advice anyone?

Hi Dalt,

Can you be more specific, are you referring to having edited some of the bitmaps and want to put it all together in a new campaign, or are you talking just about map edits?

If it is the latter, can you be more specific as to what you have done so I can have a better idea on what you might need etc.

Thanks,

Hubert

Hi Dalt,

Can you be more specific, are you referring to having edited some of the bitmaps and want to put it all together in a new campaign, or are you talking just about map edits?

If it is the latter, can you be more specific as to what you have done so I can have a better idea on what you might need etc.

Thanks,

Hubert

HUBERT,

I HAVE MODIFIED MANY ELEMENTS OF Strategic Command Global Conflict WWII BUT NOT THE DEFAULT MAP--THE MAP THAT COMES WITH THE FULL GAME 1939. I WANT TO RETAIN THAT ORIGINAL MAP IN MY MODIFIED VERSION OF THE 1939 GAME, BUT I'M UNABLE TO DISCOVER HOW TO DO THAT.

HOPE THIS MAKES IT CLEAR.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN THIS MATTER.

DALT

Hi Dalt

I think what we need to know here in order to be able to help is how you've created your mod.

The best way to make a mod of the main campaign is to:

Open up the campaign and choose File and Save As. Give it a new name and you now have a copy of the campaign you can edit.

Is this what you need to know?

Bill

Bill,

I tried what you suggested, but there is no way to modify the non-map data after saving the original campaign map and then create my own campaign. Frustrating!

Thanks,

Dalt

I think what you are looking for is the 'Import/Export' of data function. This can be found under File->Import Data, File->Export Data.

So if I am understanding this correctly, you had one custom campaign where you modified the data and you now want this data imported to the original map.

If this is the case, then you open your original custom campaign and export all the applicable custom data that you want to now include with the second custom campaign created that has the original map.

Hopefully this makes sense/helps and if not let us know and we can try and guide you further,

Hubert

• 2 weeks later...