Hardware recommendation on the cheap

Since a lot of "what to buy" threads popped up lately, I'd like to mention that I picked up one of these old 17" laptops and it runs my games just fine, under Windows XP and Linux.

The cost is around $350 and includes a valid XP license. It'll make a nice box to run CMx1 on without Vista/64bit hassle and can be folded away when not in use. Make sure you pick one with the "NVidia Quadro FX 2500M", some have lesser GPUs. The 2 GHz Core2 dual-core CPU is a good workhorse for single-core games like CMx1, CMx2 and LOTRO. It has 1920x1200 pixels so CMx1 gets to run in 1600x1200. A <x>x1080 screen is no good for CMx1. Be warned that the RAM amount is limited to 3.2 GB or whereabouts - it has that useless mainboard chipset that doesn't allow remapping so you won't get the rest of 4 GB back even if you run 64 bit or PAE.

http://computers.shop.ebay.com/PC-Laptops-Netbooks-/177/i.html?_nkw=dell+m90&_catref=1&_fln=1&_sop=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

The think is big, a real desktop replacement, you don't want to carry it. Useless wireless chip but can be replaced. The one I received wasn't cleaned as stated and more scratched than I thought but it works fine after a dustsucking session. Pretty quiet even under full load. Installs Linux, FreeBSD, Xen, Windows just fine except for the Wifi.

I have nothing to do with the auction but thought I'd drop this recommendation. How do I display framerate in CMx2 again so that I can post some numbers?