I thought Bill assured us that the chance of Switzerland joining the CP was remote. In my current pbem game, the CP player has their entry at +71%. Even in the face of a massive diplomatic offensive on my own part (I have had to waste 100s of MMPs to try to match him).

Is it really possible to spend the full diplomatic chits of all 3 CP countries and get say a 75% per turn chance of increasing Switzerland's pro-CP stance? I mean it was shooting up like mad and I had to go on a ridiculous spree that I could ill afford just to get up to 55%/turn myself and the very next turn the Switzerland pro-CP stance jumped from 43 to 71! Can the CP player really basically make Switzerland entry inevitable? That's a real problem.

There can also be some scripts which affect the % mobilization of countires towards or away from factions depending on decision events, time lines, or player actions.

It's possible there may have been a triple whammy.:eek:

Instead of 75%, I should have said 60% per turn [5+4+3 x 5].

I thought Bill assured us that the chance of Switzerland joining the CP was remote. In my current pbem game, the CP player has their entry at +71%. Even in the face of a massive diplomatic offensive on my own part (I have had to waste 100s of MMPs to try to match him).

Is it really possible to spend the full diplomatic chits of all 3 CP countries and get say a 75% per turn chance of increasing Switzerland's pro-CP stance? I mean it was shooting up like mad and I had to go on a ridiculous spree that I could ill afford just to get up to 55%/turn myself and the very next turn the Switzerland pro-CP stance jumped from 43 to 71! Can the CP player really basically make Switzerland entry inevitable? That's a real problem.

The chance is indeed remote, but if one side or the other want to invest a lot of MPPs into this then it can be done.

The real deciding factor is whether it's worth the investment, because every penny spent on diplomacy in this area could probably be better spent either on diplomacy elsewhere, or on more weapons of war.

I did bring Switzerland onto my side in one game, but I'm really not sure that it was worth all the effort involved because where I'd assumed that it would give me a good opportunity to strike into France, I really struggled to make any headway.

Providing the French hold the Fortress of Belfort, then the only other way into France via Switzerland is in the Besançon-Geneva area. But a few Entente units there can easily hold any advance up.

If France is already on the verge of collapse then bringing Switzerland could well be their tipping point, but if France is at that stage then the extra units you've deprived yourself of to do it may well have done it anyway.

Hi Bill, the problem I see is the TE player shouldn't have to spend a fortune to chase after a CP pipe dream. When Germany is hauling in almost 900 MMPs per turn, it really isn't much of a burden at all to throw a full 5 points at Switzerland. Then, adding in contributions by A-H and Turkey, Switzerland's entry is automatic unless the TE player spends the dough to match it. Seems like a burden the TE shouldn't have to bear to keep a country with centuries of neutral traditions neutral.

But at least now, I know to try to keep abreast of the possibilities. Really, there is no reason for the CP to activate the event unless they intend to go all out for Swiss entry! Regardless, I love the game and the scenario. Ha.

When Germany is hauling in almost 900 MMPs per turn, it really isn't much of a burden at all to throw a full 5 points at Switzerland.

Agreed. That's a very large income which is why I've suggested capping IT at level 3 in the other thread. There's only so much industrial mobilization that could go on.

But at least now, I know to try to keep abreast of the possibilities. Really, there is no reason for the CP to activate the event unless they intend to go all out for Swiss entry! Regardless, I love the game and the scenario. Ha.

Glad to hear it, as now it's out I'm also having a lot of fun playing it! :)