Moving game files

emptyT

Does the save game store some referance to which machine they are being played on?

I have tried moving an active game from 1 puter to another on a couple of occasions and after maybe a move or two got a corrupt save file which won't load.

Very frustrating when you're 200 moves in and its about to kick off big style!!

I don't have an installer as I bought a download version so have just cut and pasted the EOS folder.

Am also finding when I quit to desktop I sometimes get a "program has stopped working" message on a Win 7 machine.

And that has just flagged a possible reason for the previous promblem!!

I was moving the game from a Win7 box to an XP one. Would that be the reason?

Does the save game store some referance to which machine they are being played on?

I have tried moving an active game from 1 puter to another on a couple of occasions and after maybe a move or two got a corrupt save file which won't load.

Very frustrating when you're 200 moves in and its about to kick off big style!!

I don't have an installer as I bought a download version so have just cut and pasted the EOS folder.

Am also finding when I quit to desktop I sometimes get a "program has stopped working" message on a Win 7 machine.

And that has just flagged a possible reason for the previous promblem!!

I was moving the game from a Win7 box to an XP one. Would that be the reason?

No, the game doesn't remember what computer it was on. You should be able to copy the entire directory structure and move it to another computer. I have both a windows 7 (64-bit) computer and an XP (32-bit) computer. If you want, I can try loading a saved game on one or both computers.