Problem - No replays visible in PBEM games bug

I am not seeing any replays at all in my WW1 PBEM games; just a blank screen saying "preparing replay" for 5 minutes or so, before jumping to my turn.

I am getting no feedback on enemy movements and attacks which is quite a disadvantage.

I get this with both 1.00 and 1.01, but only on my laptop running Win 7 64bit, not on my desktop running Win XP.

(SC GC runs OK for PBEM on the laptop)

(It also happens with a mod I am playing as well as with the basic game so I am getting it in 4 games altogether.)

Anybody else have the same problems?

Any suggestions?

Laptops usually use an embeded video chip and not a stand alone card. Perhaps you need to increase your video allocation of memory in the bios or reduce some of the visual effects in Win7.

I am running Win 7 64 bit at home on my desktop. If you send me your turn I will be happy to check it on my machine.:)

wlape3@gmail.com

My laptop is a Sony with a ATI Radeon HD 5650 graphics chip

Wlape3 I will send you a file to try, thanks...

Krista - I agree I need a handicap in our game - too tough for Axis in Brute Force mod...so no problem there, and I am OK to continue without replays.

But I have the same problem against Peter Zima in a pair of mirrored games that we have suspended until we can solve the problem.

Hi Hubert

Thanks for your suggestion.

I think I always run SC in full screen mode - at least it always takes up the entire screen on both my laptops and desktops.

Do I need to do anything special to ensure full screen mode?

Thanks

Sandy

Hi Hubert

I found the full screen option - it is already (and always) turned on.

The problem I have is now intermittent; sometimes I see a replay and sometimes I don't???

Still a puzzle to me..

I am not seeing any replays at all in my WW1 PBEM games; just a blank screen saying "preparing replay" for 5 minutes or so, before jumping to my turn.

I am getting no feedback on enemy movements and attacks which is quite a disadvantage.

I get this with both 1.00 and 1.01, but only on my laptop running Win 7 64bit, not on my desktop running Win XP.

Thanks for the update Sandy and I never realized it was an exact copy of your earlier post, I actually thought it was a second player with a similar problem hitting the panic button and cross posting... now I see why they were banned and why Bill raised a few questions about the poster to me yesterday.

I blame Monday mornings for that :)