Should I buy Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy?

I am fairly certain I will love the game but I think no one can truly say what you will and will not like. Luckily for you a demo is coming up pretty soon. Throw that through its paces and based off of that you can make a well informed decision. I saw the vid's and that was enough for me. :)

BroodingPhobos,

Oh, my goodness, yes. Buy this game. Well, check out the demo first. I have to say, though, that having seen the preview a couple of months back (thanks, RUNE!) and having felt the hair standing up on the back of my neck as I watched the game play out, that I felt very much of the same excitement as I felt when I first saw the CMBO demo scenario "Chance Encounter".

I thought that I was a veteran wargamer way back when CMBO came out, but the computer AI kicked me up and down the battlefield for the longest time, and it was thrilling! I suspect that the new (to me) CMx2 engine will be kicking me up and down the battlefield again while I clamber up that rather steep learning curve, but I'm looking forward to it very much. I think that if you have been happy with CMBO, CMBB, and CMAK, that you will be very happy indeed with the increased realism of CMBN.