Preorder not possible...

from my computer.

The spam-protection software still seems to block my ISPs-address because it erroneously thinks it was from a spamserver or something else. Therefore i cannot preorder - and i guess all other customers of that ISP, too.

Forum access still only possible with TOR software.

I had informed the Admin about that issue already some weeks ago, but it seems nothing has changed.

ISP:

www.bob.at

If you emailed the admin account already, then either your email never arrived, or nothing changed because the IP you are using is still blacklisted. Besides a few IPs that are blocked after direct attacks on our server, the main reason why you may be blocked is because the IP address you are using is blacklisted by 3rd party databases as a known source of spam, harvesting or exploits. You could check www.projecthoneypot.org if that's the case, and if it is, then you can try to whitelist it, too. If it is an ISP that is allowing a lot of spam, however, then you may be out of luck and should consider changing.

Another reason for a block is if you are using an outdate browser or a known spyware add-on in your browser. Have you tried a different browser already?

Anyway, the correct place to contact us is webmaster@battlefront.com, or use the www.battlefront.com/helpdesk.

Martin

Hi Moon,

i will not change my ISP, since it is the best and cheapest for me and i could order from another computer anyway.

The problem with the security system obviously is, it doesn't work with providers that use NAT.

The statement, that the blocking was spam-related, seems not to be true, because TOR-nodes are also blocked after a few minutes and the IP has to be changed again.

What i don't understand is, that you are not really concerned about blocking customers with ISPs using NAT from your shop and website, but more concerned about fighting spam.

The problem with the security system obviously is, it doesn't work with providers that use NAT.

Not sure that’s right.

I have NAT setup here on my router and all of my machines on the “inside“ of the router (i.e. being “NAT’ed”) are happy.

Surely if NAT was the issue it would be an issue regardless of whether the ISP used it or the customer used it locally?

Not sure that’s right.

I have NAT setup here on my router and all of my machines on the “inside“ of the router (i.e. being “NAT’ed”) are happy.

Surely if NAT was the issue it would be an issue regardless of whether the ISP used it or the customer used it locally?

A ISP with 4 IPs or just a small part of a single subdomain compared to a "real" ISP with a larger spectrum makes a world of difference.

A single user being NAT'd behind a router won't cause problems unless other computers within that same network are spamming from that same static IP (thus getting on the blacklist).

If Verizon or Virgin or any other large ISP would be put on a distributed blacklist it would result in a ****storm of whining and probably some legal action. A small ISP using NAT not so.