Quick point for ATI users to check with FSAA

I have a ATI 9500 Pro and it always seems to be running in software mode with major jaggy lines.

I just found out by going into Control Panel - Add/Remove and go into ATI drivers ? you should see PCI & AGP..

After deleting the PCI drivers my card looks alsome. Before i did this it must have been using the PCI drivers for my AGP card.

Just something to be aware of and pass onto my buddies in CMBB..

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm. When I try that (I have an ATI Radeon 9800), I see the options for "Radeon 9800 Pro" and "Radeon 9800 Pro - Secondary" (these are the PCI drivers). When I click on the secondaries, however, I get a warning box saying "Unable to uninstall older or non-ATI display drivers."

Is there a way to get past this?

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Martyr:

Hmmm. When I try that (I have an ATI Radeon 9800), I see the options for "Radeon 9800 Pro" and "Radeon 9800 Pro - Secondary" (these are the PCI drivers). When I click on the secondaries, however, I get a warning box saying "Unable to uninstall older or non-ATI display drivers."

Is there a way to get past this?

Possibly.

Go to control panel -> add/remove software -> ATI PCI Drivers(or whatever)...

Or try removing them via the system page.

I have a 9000Pro, and when I try to remove the secondary part in Device Manager it lets me, I restart, and then Windows automatically reinstalls it right away every time. Also, in my Add\Remove all that's listed is 'ATI Display Driver' and 'ATI Control Panel' (I have the newest ones installed). I was however able to disable the secondary part in Device Manager. Why did the morons at ATI put in a secondary part in the first place!?

[ July 19, 2003, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: aleader ]

Originally posted by aleader:

I have a 9000Pro, and when I try to remove the secondary part in Device Manager it lets me, I restart, and then Windows automatically reinstalls it right away every time. Also, in my Add\Remove all that's listed is 'ATI Display Driver' and 'ATI Control Panel' (I have the newest ones installed). I was however able to disable the secondary part in Device Manager. Why did the morons at ATI put in a secondary part in the first place!?

For a secondary monitor perhaps? As long as you have the #1 selected I dont see how it is a problem... do elaborate, how does the secondary conflict with the primary if you have the primary selected...?

That is what the PRO series implies that you can have a secondary monitor... IIRC.

[ July 19, 2003, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Major Jerkov ]

properties-> settings-> display...

Under display it will say something like this-

1. Super VGA 1024x768 @ 75 hz on RADEON SERIES 9500/9700

2. Super VGA 800x600 on RADEON SERIES 9500/9700

I dont know how your system is setup, and this is from 98 SE, so your results may vary.

O_ops. smile.gif

[ July 21, 2003, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: Major Jerkov ]