sc2 1939 Fall Weiss

That is where SC2 falls down then. You should be able to model what would happen if political pressure was put on different countries and if Germany had spent research on different weapons.

For instance, they had the Messerschmitt 262 in 1938 but Hitler failed to see the potential of the jet engine on fighters and bombers. If research had centred in airpower between 1936 and 1939, the Germans would have had squadrans of jet fighters and bombers by 1940.

I would like to have easily turned the clock back to 1936 with nations at their state of readiness and with the the army and airforce divisions at that time.

The strange thing is that the editor allows you to turn the clock back, which would mean that no nations would have declared war, but at least two nations have still declared war on each other, which is a fault in my opinion.

I have tried turning the activation scripts off to no effect.

Hi Geolab,

Amadeus is correct in that the SC2 Blitzkrieg and Weapons and Warfare releases limited you to having at least 2 belligerent nations but starting with the Patton Drives East release this was no longer the case.

In fact, with the Patton Drives East release we had a campaign that started in March 1939 with only Germany fully activated/mobilized and they then had the choice on how to pursue the war from there, i.e. invade Poland first, or France and so on.

Hope this helps!

Hubert