CMBN Omaha to St Lo Multiplayer H2H Operation

I was going to wait a bit until i had this finished but after reading some posts which were basically the same idea as the operation i am going to run when CMBN comes out i thought it might be a good idea to post it now then the people that were discussing it or anyone else in the community can give me some feedback and sign up to it if they want to take part.

https://sites.google.com/site/cmbnomahatostlo/

Above is the link to my website explaining the concept and the rules, i have nearly finished the rules but i need the CMBN game to finalise the OOBs which will be on two seperate websites for each side.

I will be looking to start the operation sometime in May or no later then June depending on the release of CMBN.

However i've tried to make the rules as simple as possible to allow anyone to run this as an Admin so any voyeuristic bookeepers out there by all means use them :)

Hmmm, i cant edit my post for some reason so im replying to myself :)

I would like the operation to start with a batch of CMBN battles depicting the beach assaults on the Axis fortifications at Omaha and i read on a thread that BFC will not be putting any beach maps in with the game so i will need some mapmakers to build some beach maps with fortifiications relatively quickly, even if i have only one i can still use it for all the beach assault CMBN battles as this stage in the operation is just a fun intoroduction as it will be a relative formality to break the Axis defences and then comes the meat of the operation which will be the inland push.

If any mapmakers could help me i'd be most gratefull :)

Sounds great! Where do I sign up? (not saying you want me as a map maker though... not that I would rule out trying)

Nice one, you are signed up :), do you have the John Tiller Normandy 44 game or are you just wanting to be a player and not the Team Commander ?

Also what sort of turn rate could you manage when you get to fight a CMBN battle ?

At some point im going to need your e mail address and also as the CMBN files could be pretty big i would like you to checkout File Convoy as i use that to send 40 meg plus CMSF PBEM files, one thing about File Convoy however is that it creates a RAR file that cannot be opened in the traditional way so you need to rename the file as an .ema file before you can load it into CM.

If you have a better way of sending mega PBEM files tell me because i want to adopt a standard programme to move them around.

Do you have a preference to which side you want to play ?

Dont bother with maps if you not conversant with making them, hopefully someone else will come up with the beach maps im after, the other maps for the inland game will be used from the QB and scenario cache that come with CMBN.

I would join too but once I get familiar with the game.

Thank you, i will need an e mail contact address either now or when you decide to join, i will make a note of your BFC name and add it too the list of players.

Which side would you prefer ?

After discussions with members of the BF community i am suspending this operation as it will probably be to large and un wieldly, however i have created another operational game on a much smaller scale and re located it to Carentan, for further information on the new operation please use the link below.