problems with zoomed unit bitmaps

In my mod, when i zoom my units changes to other ones, i guess this could be that the bitmaps files has wrong size. original= 4081x2130 and 3074x1590 my zoomed has 3061x1598. How do i fix this?

I had simply reduced size to 75% and changed name to zoom.

Hi Cantona66,

The only way to do it properly is to select 'pixel resize' instead of 'percentage' resize.

If your bitmap editor doesn't have this option I would suggest a free program like Paint.NET which should be able to do the trick.

Also, make sure you don't use a anti-aliasing smoother for the resizing but just a simple 'pixel' adjustment only as this will not give you any of the white fuzz around the resized units.

I hope this helps,

Hubert

ok, i have been able to get the files down to 3074x1590 but it still does not look good, for instance the garrison unit shows parts of the garrison and parts of the HQ picture!

There seems to be some problem with my original file.

Hi Cantona66,

For the 3D units the original file size is correct at 4081x2130 but for the military units the original size is 4081x1207 and these would then be reduced to 3074x901.

If this is not the issue then perhaps your original sized bitmap was changed during your experiments and I would just try it again making sure the numbers are all correct as outlined above.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

• 7 months later...