Playing as blue force : mujahideen

>> Just been playing with the demo and as a simulation wargamer, ( but new to Combat Mission ), been really impressed. However, i am just wondering if it is possible to play all the campaigns and missions as blue force/mujahideen, as that is the aspect im most interested in.

Either way, buying CMSF NATO.

THanks

>> Just been playing with the demo and as a simulation wargamer, ( but new to Combat Mission ), been really impressed. However, i am just wondering if it is possible to play all the campaigns and missions as blue force/mujahideen, as that is the aspect im most interested in.

Either way, buying CMSF NATO.

THanks

Unfortunately the campaigns are only from the Soviet side. However, the independent missions can be played from the Afghan side.

> A core yes ( a main group of warriors in a region ), single regions or areas also correct. Im currently reading a very informative book "Soldiers of God" that deals what life was like for the muj, and why the west was behind them. ( keeping in mind that the current Taliban and the 1980s muj warriors were 2 different things ). Well worth a read.

Because they were fighting the USSR.

That was the only thing the West was interested in.

Sadly, i think your right in most cases. However, over the last few weeks ive spent a great deal of time reading about this war, Soldiers of God being the last ive read. And as a Canadian, it completely changed of view point what i had often though were only " Taliban like " fighters trying to stop progress. Men like Haq and Massoud not only fought a corrupt and ruthless communist regime in Afganistan itself, they had to fight the soviet invasion that supported it. Truth, the Taliban was born out of that war, and of men such as Hekmatyar who gave birth and supported the hatred that is the Taliban but so did the ISI, and the number of other non-afgan actors the built and keep building that fundamentalist enemy we today fight.

What am i getting at? That i didnt know just how wrong it was to think the Soviets and the puppet afghan government was doing "good", when the numbers of bodies of civilians can attest to that.

Good governments don't kill there own people for land reform. Or support it. However, i really wonder how many know the full story, i still dont fully, but im finding out.

Also why i find it kind of sad that there is no mujahidin campaign because that side of the story really deserves to be told too, even more so when i begin to understand why these men fought for, and died for. Understanding this is just a wargame, but wargames too can cast a single side of history in a light it may or in may not deserve.