Can't wait folks

Howdy, I stopped in here a while back when I heard about Battle for Normandy coming out. I've played many, many games of the old combat mission series and I'm very excited about this new release. I enjoyed many games by email and the hot seat version with an old friend of mine. However It had been so long since I played that I really couldn't remember how to play anymore. Some of the folks here suggested that I try shock force to relearn the game and get up to speed. I did that and was surprised how fast it all came back to me. I've got to say though that I don't like the shock force game. The combat is way too one sided to make an interesting game and the desert environment only increases that one sided balance of power. World war II is definitely where it's at for me, both from a historical point of view and as a challenging game. Just wanted to say hello and I hope to see some of you folks across the email battle field soon.

Hi!

Can't wait either! hope it will be as good as I expect it to be.

Couldn't get warm with CMSF either...don't really know why...the setting...the realtime system when you play TCP/IP...I played hundreds of QB against my brother in CMBO and CMBB...will do a lot of PBEM games with him, when CMBN will be released ;)

I've always preferred WWII sims as well. The modern battles hit too close to home for me as my son is currently in Afghanistan on his 3rd tour. Talked to him yesterday for a while and it doesn't sound like they're having any fun at all in the Argandab Valley... It'd be nice if the media would give those guys a nod once in a while but...well, I won't start that here! ;)

I'm looking forward to getting this game soon and look forward to some PBEM matches in the near future.

Thank You to Battlefront for making great games which have consumed a notable percentage of my life when I could have been getting a tan, a date, eating, making money or doing something socially productive. :)