Grid mods

Reading the info around here on graphics and terrain, somehow I got the impression grid mods would not be as straight forward as they probably were in CMx1.

In CMx1 we had actual terrain tiles. Terrain was partitioned in discrete tiles that each represneted a terrain type, and thus I would imagine grid mods took advantage of this by "simply" creating new terrain tiles with the grid superimposed.

But CMx2 has no tiles. Have any modders out there already started thinking about this? Any ideas?

Maybe it is a non issue and there is already a simple way around it, dunno. Or maybe the graphics will be so damn good that we will not need grids at all to see elevations etc? :D

From my experience it is pretty much the same in CMx2. Unpack the terrain tiles, draw your grid, repack, and put into Z folder. It is that easy. I did it even easier. I downloaded a grid mod from repository, Copied grid, and pasted into European terrain which I prefer. I did not even have to draw a grid this way.