CMx2 enemy units disappear when no LOS , cmak left ? on map in this case.

I still don't understand this. Im playing a CMSF German campaign on BASIC TRAINING setting. A jeep driver spots a T55 then reverses out of sight. The T55 appears on screen and then disappears. Why is there no marker left on screen (RED ICON with "?") to indicate a threat in that area, indicating "LAST KNOWN POSITION" which is not updated when unit moves around out of sight. Completely understand the RELATIVE SPOTTING mechanism i.e it would be a dull icon for units that cannot see the enemy unit , bright for units that have LOS. Just dont understand why there is no market left in place to say there is a threat over there (IIRC this is the case in CMAK). Its a BIG map , its so easy to lose track of the position of enemy units , almost impossible to plan without marking enemy unit positions on a sheet of A4.

Probably should post in CMSF but its relevant to CMBN too me and all CMx2 engines. Im sure someone suggested in the past playing on IRON MODE, still don't understand the difference with this ether. Can someone please explain the behaviour i am seeing ?

Thank you

Scott

Since the very short time the T55 was on the on the screen maybe the game didnt have time to "log" it? If this is true then it is a bug.

Try to move you view around and look at the spot from a farther away view. Try to offset the area and not make the spot the center of your screen. Sometimes for my system I remember icons would be visible from some distances and then vanish at other distances. Not sure if it is a Nvidia bug or not.

Ok so popped the same scenario on to VETERAN level and QUESTION MARK (?) appears for my units that have seen the enemy unit prior to it going out of sight. That make sence now, relative spotting doing its job :) .... guess this was hidden from me on BASIC TRAINING level , don't really understand why though. Thanks for the posts. Scott