Hi 4 campaign games later! Conclusion!

Well now I have managed to finish the campaign game four times.

Two on each side against the AI on normal all time.

Apart from the buggs I have already reported and Hubert promised to fix

there is still some fine tuning needed to do for the AI.

1 The naval war the AI must become much better in taking out one enemy ship at a time

and do its best to kill of badly wounded and crippled ships! As it work now it attack all over

the sea and whereas it is costly the naval war is always won by killing the AI´s ship of one

by one veras the AI most of the time only damage your ships.

In all four campaigns regardless of side I have won a overwhelming victory at sea because of this.

2 The AI most be more aggressive with its full corps and take better advantage on attacking

wounded enemy units and also here it must become much better to kill of enemy units.

As the game work now the computer is just to timid and passive and it need to get some balls!

3 The shell capacity of 10 on artillery must change to 5, with 10 shell capacity as it work

now the game balance can easily be very unbalanced. This because the player mass concentrate

the artillery and really punches the AI´s frontline to smitherens veras the Ai are not capable to

mass concentrate Artillerys like that.

4 The industrial production should be good to have some yearly locks on it because it is too easy to get

the game very unbalanced if some side get to high rank early.

ex 1914 max 1, 1915 max 2 , 1916 max 3, 1917 max 4, 1918 max 5

Hi Worg64,

Thanks again for the feedback and regarding the AI I can confirm that what you've noted is pretty much only an issue while playing in the 'Quick AI' mode.

I've made some adjustments to improve this for the first patch, but if you play again with 'Quick AI' mode disabled you should notice a significant improvement in AI attacks and targetting of wounded units etc.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Hi Hubert

I did not use the quick ability for the computer after the first campaign I played since you wrote that on another thread it helped to avoid that.

But despite that I feel the AI is to passive and especially if you as I do

play very defensiv, I tend to go slow and steady ahead and try to keep the frontline corps as much as possible near 10 in their strengths value.

And I prefer to attack and make holes and not go into the holes I make and instead let the AI fill up the holes again and that way the enemy doesnt benefit from entranchment. I use Artillery and planes to soften the corps up ahead of my attacks with 3 to four corps as needed against the target corp to kill them off.

I have the save left for my last campaing if you want to look at it and see

the loss of units as well as situation overall on map.

Just tell me where to send it if you want to see.

Great if you have made improvments Hubert tho but especially the Naval battle need some tweaking I think.

For some of the attacks this might have to do with the scripting of the objectives which I have improved for the first patch and sometimes units that initially appear to be reachable by other AI units are actually out of range due to adjacent unit penalties or weather like mud for example. Not saying it is always the case but this is an issue from time to time that is not easily seen during the AI turn.

Either way I suspect the next build will be a significant improvement and if you can send me your saved turn that would be great, send to support@furysoftware.com

Thanks,

Hubert