I have just completed my first game of CtA as Entente. It finished in spring 1916, and at no point did the NM objectives appear in the Ottoman territories south of Turkey itself. Moreover, everything in those territories was NM 0. This is very different from the maps I have seen in the AAR.

Also, captured trenches are NM 30, more even than captured cities (NM 24) - is this correct?

It was impossible to move the UK artillery across the suez canal - do you actually have to bring the HQ back (mine was in Gaza at the time) to get it over?

PS I have also seen the CP AI behaviour mentioned elsewhere leaving 1 step units alone when having the option to attack (but not that often).

Hi Habari

It might be a good idea to play with National Morale Objectives showing. This can be done by going to Options (third button from the bottom on the right); click on the Advanced tab, and then selecting National Morale Objectives.

This doesn't show the actual NM value of the resource, but it does highlight that this is a location of importance that needs to be defended from the Entente.

In general, the capture of a resource highlighted as a National Morale Objective will penalize the side that has just lost this resource with a one-time penalty that will cause a noticeable hit to the relevant Major's National Morale. It may in some cases (e.g. when Paris falls) also boost the occupier's National Morale too.

To move the artillery across the Suez Canal will either require the presence of the HQ, researching and upgrading the artillery with Motorization, or shipping it to somewhere like Aqaba once this has fallen. The first solution is generally the easiest, and it stems from the low mobility of heavy artillery, the poor supply in the area, and the problems of crossing a land-sea tile.

You are right that the trenches show an NM value. However, the good news is that it doesn't actually affect either side's values. It stems from the tab to amend their details being shared with Fortresses, and for Fortresses the NM value will matter if they are lost.

I hope this helps!

Bill

Regarding the AI leaving units at strength=1 alone I've tracked this down to pretty much being the 'Quick Logic' option. If you disable this then the AI will have a much more effective combat turn but at the cost of a longer turn length.

In the meantime I will try and make some adjustments to the 'Quick Logic' routines so that this will improve for the first patch.