Got a question on decision events, wondering if this would be possible. Could you use the decision engine to set up a decision as soon as you enter the game as the central powers to choose between the Moltke plan and Schlieffen plan? Pick yes for Schlieffen and No for Moltke, in which case, the appropriate forces are shifted to the East. And could you set those up for the other majors to choose a setup? Such as Russia concentrating forces against Germany or A/H. I was a bit disappointed to see no options for the starting positions in the game. Easily enough edited with the editor, but I was thinking of a single scenario that's all inclusive.

Also, has nobody ever done a map of North America in a large scale? I've been trying to use the map import thing to create one, but they come out looking like a two year old throwing mud at a piece of paper, and I don't really have the patience to "hand draw" one in the scale I'm looking for. I would like to see a scenario based on the Turtledove Great War series, North v South in WWI.

Yes this could be done and once you've removed the applicable at start units on the map, all you would have to do is setup your DECISION event to fire right at the beginning of the desired turns.

Then you would just need to link the DECISION result, i.e. yes or no, to appropriately setup UNIT scripts to place the units in the desired locations.

But the problem with this is that the units arriving by script won't be able to move far in the first turn, therefore it's more something that has to happen before the Central Powers go on the offensive.

All told, I think a campaign that is specifically geared to an eastern front first strategy would be the best bet. The surprise element wouldn't be there, but it wouldn't really matter because as soon as the Entente see large German forces marching east, they'll know!!!

I've not known of anyone making a large scale US map, but feel free to use the portion that is included with the game and enlarge it accordingly.

Hmm, I was kind of afraid of that, I figured they wouldn't be able to move that first turn. In the west, that wouldn't be a huge problem, since Belgium would shield the view of the majority of the German army, but the Russians would probably see the increased unit density. Trying to think of a way around that, might be possible with no war for a turn or two. Given a short enough lead up time, if you chose wrong, you would still be caught out of position. Too bad there's not a way to have players make a choice on the decision before they see anything of the map.