Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Indicator sprites - bug or feature ?

I've noticed that the active indicator sprite (national emblem or flag) on some units is on the right and on some units (of the same nation and on the same front) it is on the left. I've scanned the manual to see if this positioning indicates something but can't find anything, admittedly I might have missed it. Not a major problem but it does seem a bit odd and may be a bit confusing when you have got a 2 or 3 deep front. If there is a way to make them all display on the right (as I'm sort of used to from the prior SC games) that would be nice.

If it is a feature and I've missed it apologies but could someone point me to the right page in the manual.

P.S. although just my 2nd post I've been a long time lurker and have only recently got into SC2. SC2+WAW had sat on my shelf and hard drive for quiet some time, I think it was somethning about the lack of hexes that had put me off. On a whim fired up SC2WAW a few weeks back, couldn't believe quiet what I had been missing all this time, it has really hit a sweet spot for me in terms of playability. Since then I have purchased all of the SC2 games with SC WWI being the latest today.

Great to hear about the SC games and welcome back so to speak :)

For the indicator sprites I am guessing that you are playing without the 3-D units, correct?

If so I think you win the prize as no-one noticed this small change during testing.

Looks like this was an introduced bug and it has to do with making a small coding change to have the non 3-D units keep track of unit mirroring to solve a problem we were having, i.e. even though the military do not change facing when near other units.

I will correct this for the first patch as well, thanks :)

Hubert

I have all the SCII's as well, and downloaded the demo. Quite nice you included the manuals, too.

Perhaps I am spoiled by the details of WitE, which can be over the top, I admit. But the SC2 combat resolution is just so dry after so many games. "Boom-Boom" you're dead...

At the least, I need to change the wav file for the combat!

Even if there was some window-dressing text during resolution ("German I Corps attacks with 8,000 men...and is repulsed with 3,000 losses."

The 1-12 numbers of the counters is just so simple that it ruins the immersion for me. The rest of the game looks great. A big leap forward from your last effort.