How to have fastest settings?

For scrolling the only options to speed this up is to simplify the game display somewhat which would be to play with the 3D units option turned off, National Colors turned off and to turn off the display of the 'Alternate Capitals' and 'National Morale' objectives.

It won't be lightning fast after this but you might notice some improvements in scrolling speed.

For the fastest AI settings this would be to have the following setup:

* Show Moves/Combat - Turned off

* Quick Animation - Turned on

* Quick Logic - Turned on

* Messages (AI Turn) - Turned off

Hubert

I'm having the same problems with slow / stuttering scrolling, in the previous SC games this has been solved by the video acceleration option but don't have this option available with SC WWI.

Generally use NATO icons anyway and turned the rest of the graphical options off as recommended above but with no noticeable effect to the stuttering scrolling.

Running with W7 on an i5 with an ATI Radeon HD 5450, which should I hope be able to cope fairly comfortably with the graphic requirements.

Other than this rather annoying niggle I must say SC WWI looks rather good with a lot of interesting scenarios in addition to the campaigns, the Lawrence of Arabia one looks particularly tempting, nice change from being Rommel or Monty.

Hi Wolfe,

The Video Acceleration option is now the standard setting by default but you could try adjusting this setting in the SC2.ini file by changing the value to 0 instead of 1.

Alternatively you could also try running the game in Full Screen mode as well by changing this value to 1 as well.

The SC2.ini file can be found in your installation directory of SC WWI.

Also, you might want to try updating your video card driver to see if that helps or even running the game in Windows XP compatibility mode which can be done by right clicking on the game EXE or desktop shortcut and selecting 'Properties'. After that click on the 'Compatibility' tab and from there you should be able to set the appropriate setting.

Let me know if this helps,

Hubert

If you do the manual full screen setting, and set it at a lower resolution than your desktop resolution, will it be full screen at the lower res? I tried lowering mine since detail is pretty hard to see at 1920x1080, and I was disappointed to see it shifted to a window, which helped the problem not at all.

Changing the Video Acceleration value to 0 resulted in the screen pretty much locking up, eventually getting a 1 tile scroll after about 10-15 secs wait

Changing full screen mode didn't seem to have any effect and neither did setting to XP compatability.

Updated my video card driver a couple of days ago.

Changing the Video Acceleration value to 0 resulted in the screen pretty much locking up, eventually getting a 1 tile scroll after about 10-15 secs wait

Changing full screen mode didn't seem to have any effect and neither did setting to XP compatability.

Updated my video card driver a couple of days ago.

This was pretty much why we've made it the default setting for optimal scrolling now. I've run a test on my end and I can confirm it is a bit slower than let's say how it scrolled in Global Conflict but not by much and likely this is only because the map is much bigger, i.e. the biggest one yet so there is a lot of data to process for each scroll of the game play area.

How about if you open one of the smaller campaigns, does it still stutter or is it scrolling normally?

Smaller campaigns, I tried 1918 Georgette and 1917 Gaza seem fine.

Playing as CP in the main campaign (at the start of the first turn) scrolling is slowest over the Western Front but is noticeable anywhere in continental Europe from France to Poland, with no noticeable stutter when over the Atlantic / North America / Scandinavia / Russia. It might just be my imagination but the scrolling seemed to be slightly smother with fog of war option switched off.