CMSF demo is DEFINATELY causing a graphical glitch w/ my Internet Explorer.

First posted about this bug here cause i wasnt sure it had anything to do with the demo - http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=95107

Okay, CMSF is DEFINATELY doing something weird with my IE 8 because this definately happens only AFTER I play the demo! Thing is, it only seems to happen whenever i go to this particular page, but definately ONLY after I play the CMSF Demo. Trust me, it's been a couple of days when this happened the first time and I did not touch CMSF demo since then. I've been playing plenty of other games as well since then. Nothing like this happened until tonight when I decided to play the demo again. Sometimes it looks worse than this with rows of squares on the main IE screen.

WTFIE8.jpg

Sooo does anyone mind doing me a favour? Can you guys run the demo(or maybe even the full game) and then go to the following URLs to see if it happens to you? You need to go back and forth between these two pages to see the glitch. If you do see it, it can be fixed by simply minimizing your browser then maximizing again -

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat470011a&rootCatGameStyle=

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat470012a&rootCatGameStyle=

I really wanna buy this game with all the modules, but this glitch is making me paranoid. I wanna make sure it's not screwing with my hardware.

My system specs -

Core 2 Duo e6600

Nvidia 9800 GTX + (266.58 driver)

4 GB RAM

WIN XP SP3.

CMSF Demo GFX settings -

Desktop resolution (1050x1680)

AA ON

Texture Better

Game Models Better

UPDATE

Seeing graphical glitches on THIS very website as well now.

WTFIE82.jpg

WTFIE83.jpg

Have you tried the demo or the actual game? Keep in mind that the demo is a somewhat older version of the full game. Did you go to that exact URL? This is the mirror that i downloaded the demo from btw -

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/combatmissionshockforce/demo/37689.html

I was also playing for about an hour and a half. Tonight i was playing "USMC Going To Town". A few days back when this first happened I was playing the training mission and US ARMY "Going to Town".

I've been playing plenty of other games as well since then.

And how many of those used OpenGL for the graphics? You can't draw any conclusions from playing Direct3D games because CMSF doesn't use D3D but OpenGL. Only OpenGL games count, and even then they'd have to use similar parts of the code.

I don't believe it has anything to do with any particular game, browser or website. Otherwise it would show up on others as well. More likely it is your video driver messing something up under certain circumstances.

And how many of those used OpenGL for the graphics? You can't draw any conclusions from playing Direct3D games because CMSF doesn't use D3D but OpenGL. Only OpenGL games count, and even then they'd have to use similar parts of the code.

I don't believe it has anything to do with any particular game, browser or website. Otherwise it would show up on others as well. More likely it is your video driver messing something up under certain circumstances.

So this is definately not my hardware being physically broke? But just something with OpenGL doing something to my video card settings after I exit the game? Don't think it matters whether or not I have any other OpenGL games to test with. Fact is, it is happening with this particular demo and I don't think it would hurt to look into if it's causing a bug with the latest Nvidia driver.

Looks like BGA memory problems to me - caused by an overheating graphics card. Make sure your fans are spinning on the VGA - get rid of the dust, and install some software to check the temps, and make sure nothing is out of the ordinary. Can be caused by old drivers/corrupted drivers, or by particular games stressing the system.

Did ya read my last post? I said it was being caused by the in-game AA/Multisampling setting. What about my first post? I said I had the latest Nvidia drivers.

Yes, my video card fan is spinning, yes it's clean. I don't even have to be PLAYING the game for this to happen, I just have to load to the menu, exit and I can see the glitch SO LONG as the IN-GAME AA/Multisampling was turned on.

I've got plenty of other games that I play for hours and hours that could so easily overheat my video card if indeed my fans werent working. None of them is causing a graphical glitch.

Again, have you been playing any other OpenGL games? It doesn't matter what you play if they all are Direct3D, because then they're different.

No, but at least we know now that it has something to do with the demo's AA/Multisampling setting which i can live without. I mean I don't see what else I can do at this point. The majority of my games are obviously Direct X so I'm not going to waste my time looking for another fix other than turning off AA/Multisampling in-game. I just hope that the full game doesnt do this, but even if it does than it wont bother me to turn off that setting again. Either way I'm liking the game so far from the just the demo alone, so I still plan on buying the full game. If you know how to get OpenGL AA/Multisampling to work without causing glitches after I leave an OpenGL game I'm willing to take your suggestions. Otherwise, don't bother, I'm fine with playing CMSF without AA.

There actually is in game the ability to turn on/off anti-aliasing, and adjust graphics just for this game without adjusting anything at all for your graphics card.I would recommend playing around some with that and see what happens. Also there was an issue with nVidia cards that was fixed in the 1.31 patch as well.