Hamachi ruined my life...

Loaded Hamachi on my puter.. now I can't TCP in CM at all. Hopeless disaster.

I've deleted Hamachi but obviously it's changed some settings that I can't find to change back.

Can anyone help me?

(For example, what is Port 7023? .. and how does it relate to TCPing? .. and, most important, how do I find it?)

Ta.

[ January 17, 2008, 06:15 AM: Message edited by: HarryInk ]

Before you reformat, you should try a System Restore (assuming you are running XP or Vista). Pick the restore point just prior to installing Hamachi and restore to that. This is easy and may fix your problem-- if it does, that saves you from redoing everything.

OK, I just googled Hamachi and I see it's a VPN app. So it probably messed with your TCP/IP stack. Another intermediate step you can try before you format & restore is to find one of the apps which restore your winsock stack to default. There are several available, if I recall properly Sysinternals makes one. Otherwise you can google for one.

You might as well try these intermediate steps before you reformat & restore; they might solve your issue and if they don't you are no worse off.

[ January 22, 2008, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: J.R. ]