Mission Data Setting

Would it be possible to ope up the year, month and weather settings, perhaps in the next patch. This would allow for the war to take place in a more "contempory" setting and have a post invasion counter insurgency. Perhaps a time frome of 2008-2015 might be sensible. HAving the fully available weather settings allowing for rain, mist and fog would allow for some interesting variance to scenarions dependent on seasonal conditions.

Luke

Well since the year or month doesnt really affect anything in the game I dont think its that important.

as for weather effect, Battlefront have already said that more "temperate" weather is out of the question for CMSF, since its based in the middle east and nothing liek this will be added :) (Atleast not until CMSF II!)

On the weather in Syria a quick google search reveals the nature of the climate of the country and snow is actually possible in the winter months in Damascus and of course the mountainous areas. Perhaps a more Mediterranean climate in the more coastal regionsaal though I will grant you the desert areas in the east are obviously mich hotter. Even then you do get very occasional rain in the desert as during Operation Desert Storm.

Noting the grayed out sections for month, weather and ground conditions under the Scenario Editor Data tab there seems to be an implication that it would be possible to activate those options. If it is possible to activate those options it would allow the use of other local weather conditions in different seasonsand give more options for scenarios.

Luke

I'm sure they didn't fully code up the rain mist and fog and then disable it because it "never rains in Syria". More likely the grayed out options are there for later use in the game engine, but weren't a priority to finish for Syria.

That is what I thought. Would it be possible to open these options up in a future patch assuming of course that they do actually work.