The Boy Who Stole Half-Life 2

MeatEtr

"Get out of bed. Do not touch the keyboard"
"You are being charged with hacking into Valve Corporation's network, stealing the videogame Half-Life 2, leaking it onto the internet and causing damages in excess of $250 million,"
"Get dressed."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-21-the-boy-who-stole-half-life-2-article?page=1

I found this article fascinating, I always wondered about the details of it. Knowing Gabe Newell he'll probably respond to this article. Very funny the kid thought Valve was actually gonna hire him. I wonder how harsh our courts would of been on him if he had got on that plane. Those damn sneaky Germans, gotta watch them! :D

Interesting this article comes hot on the heels of the latest big game leak of Crysis 2.

Interesting story. And also a sad indictment on the future where cheapskating on the security is going to cost dearly.

Friction - in that is what stops things being easy is actually a good thing is sadly being thrown away to make everything easy easy easy. Smartphone mayhem inside a year. But thing how much more destructive it will be when we have added NF payment to our phones to replace cash.