Error detecting Geforce 256 after install nv12.41

I assume you loaded the nvidia then the directx, if this was the case, then reload the nvidia drivers again.

Note: With the nvidia 12.41 and 12.6 drivers I have had nothing but problems in SEVERAL games, and the monitor locking down in powered down mode for energy savings. I have since gone back to an older version of the drivers.

Tim

Rgr Rune. You forced me to reinstall my old driver v6.31 - which is good. This driver turn my cursor into a big erazor! This was my initially problem so now I know this issue is driver related. Where can I download a driver in between? What driver do you use?

Thanks for replying

Kind regards

Malm

[ 06-14-2001: Message edited by: Malmvig ]

[ 06-14-2001: Message edited by: Malmvig ]

Some of the old reliable sites that had huge listings of the drivers have been going down left and right lately. Here's one archive you can try that hopefully won't get hacked in the near future:

Gamers-Ammo - NVidia Win9x archive:

http://www.gamers-ammo.com/nV9x.html

You may want to experiment with some of the Detonators in the 7.xx series, but there's no 'default' set that seems to work with everything (meaning other games outside of CM or performance, etc.). 6.50 was an "official" release (but so was 12.41), so it may be a good bet to try also.

Thx but I located my problem. My PSU is only a small 230W. Running a new CUSL2 mainboard, Geforce and all the other stuff on that board drained my PSU! A fellow from Steel Beasts forum noticed I got low-frequency noise when running RW, Teamsound and Battle com. Gotta be a overloaded PSU! No juice for my Geforce! Turn on my On-board i850 - every thing is cool! Need to replace PSU and possible the Geforce.

Kind regards

Malm