Another AAR Please?

I did a really tiny one with no screenshots in the sydney debrief post.

Probably too small for what you are looking for. I too enjoyed the AAR stickied on this forum. Their can be a point where their gets to be so much information though, that you are not excited about the gamed when it comes out. yes?

I'd suspect/hope that we'll see the gameplay in motion (at least some short snippet(s)) when CMBN hits pre-order. At least I hope we do.

Since I haven't been paying attention to BF, nor its release cycles, do you or anyone else know how distant an announcement and a release typical are for these games? Are we more than a year away? Sometimes I have the feeling, that people are expecting a pre-order appearing any day now, not that I'd be unhappy.

Since I haven't been paying attention to BF, nor its release cycles, do you or anyone else know how distant an announcement and a release typical are for these games? Are we more than a year away? Sometimes I have the feeling, that people are expecting a pre-order appearing any day now, not that I'd be unhappy.

It's too bad I can't remember the length in time between other previews and related releases otherwise I could probably answer this question in more detail. However, having witnessed the game - and this is MY personal insight only - I'd say it's pretty close to release. How close? I have absolutely no idea.. also, I have no idea what other under the hood work is currently being done. But it felt very complete and bug free at least. In other words, I would find it *very* strange if the game was still a year away, or even half a year for that matter. Furthermore, Steve mentioned that the game was already feature complete. From that I can only deduct that most of the work left now is polishing, campaigns, missions and bug fixes. Not to mention the fact that they felt confident enough to show it to a larger public and let us discuss it (in not too much detail) on these boards.

Per scottie's post elsewhere (http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1230379&postcount=87) you'll see the CMSF preview was just a shade over a month before its release date. That answers your question, I think, but only in relation to CMSF however, and in no way should be an indicator of when CMBN will be released or available for pre-order. The answer round here is it'll get released when its ready and not a day before. Everyone seems to have their guesses though. Sometime this year is a reasonable assumption, perhaps even as early as April/May some guess. Soon enough.