CMBO Hangs.

How well does your computer work after CM crashes ? Do you have problems with anything else running ? Do you have another 3D game that you could try to see if it still runs immediately after CM crashes ?

Your system may be overheating (CPU or videocard). Most of the time an overheating condition will lead to a lockup. In your case CM is definitely crashing with some sort of 'bad data' situation. Are you doing anything in particular when CM crashes - i.e. - are you just scrolling around or does this happen frequently when the turn is being calculated or the 'computer is thinking' ? How long have you had this particular computer setup (this video card, motherboard/CPU and software setup) ?

This may be an issue with your video card either overheating or possibly drawing enough electrical current on the AGP bus to cause problems of one sort or another. You may want to download 3D Mark 2001 and run a continuous loop to see if any problems occur. A 3D game or benchmark is the only way to test this issue to recreate it outside of CM.

It is CMBO I am playing, the crashes vary in time. Sometimes it is 1/2 hour or more, sometimes a couple of minutes. It is not specific to scenario. It is not specific to action within the game.

I have loaded the nvidia driver previous to the laatest release and I will try it out