new player questions

Ok, Im going to bump this.

I have another question.

Ive been playing a lot, but I cant seem to figure out the exact role of the HQ squad. I can only guess that they are there for command and control stuff, but Ive been looking through the manual and I cant find their exact use. I searched through the forum and I cant find it either.

Units in contact with the HQ squad will also be able to pass information through to the rest of the forces the HQ is in contact with. For example:

Squad 1 spots something and reports this to its platoon HQ; the HQ will then (with some delay depending on how well the communication links are)

a) the rest of the platoon and

B) to the commanding unit of the HQ (Company HQ, Battalion HQ, etc...).

The Company HQ will then pass the information further to the other platoons and so on.

So you will get situations a unit "knows" there are enemy units, without ever spotting or have LOS to the enemy unit! You can see this if you click on the unit and see <?>.

Keep in mind that this information will not always be up to date.

If the <?> are dark (not faded) the unit will have better chances of spotting that <?> when it moves into LOS of the <?>.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, new question. Kinda.

So Ive been concentrating on beating "Going to Town" (US Army) with very few casualties at all. With some experimentation, I developed this plan:

theplan.png

Here is the basic plan:

1) I move my sniper, spotter, and a MG team to complex 2, labeled on the map.

They cover the area around the ATGM field to their west. I then call in AP rounds in the ATGM field to eliminate the ATGMs there. Last I counted there were 2-3 of them there. I also move an HQ section to Complex 3.

2) I move 2 MG teams and an HQ section to complex 1 to cover the buildings to their west which I know contains enemy soldiers. One of the MG teams also covers the southern side of the government complex. I send the Stryker IFV that just dropped off the 2 MG teams and HQ section at the complex around the map to mop up any remaining ATGM teams that might be hiding in the field.

3) I send an MG team and HQ section to the warehouse in the north. From there they cover block 1 of houses, which I am 100% sure that enemy troops are holed up. I also send the Stryker around to cover the road next to block 1, so if the enemy tries to flee block 1 I can nail them with the Stryker, as well as the MG team in the warehouse.

4) I send one Stryker MGS to the warehouse to fire at block 1, to either pin them down or to destroy them. I send the other MGS to complex 1 to do the same with the government complex.

Now it is time for the assault on the government complex. Until now everything has been going flawlessly, with no casualties.

5) I send one team of 3 infantry units through the market to assault the east and north sides of the complex. I only do this, by the way, once Im sure that the enemy in block 1 have been suppressed or destroyed. I send the other 3 units of infantry to assault the south side of the complex. They assault, and eventually secure the location.

For some reason, I still take casualties. Not many, last time I had 6 dead and 7 wounded, but I would like to reduce those numbers, preferably to 0 dead.

So far, Im thinking that I should move the MG team in complex 2 to block 2 so I can suppress the enemy in the government complex better.

I probably should also call in a heavy arty strike on the middle buildings in the government complex.

So what do you guys think?