So if a newbie to COmbat Mission wanted the game...what do I buy

Just a thought based on the first few seconds.

If you turn on the paths "Alt + P" it will show you where you have plotted everything to go so with the AMTRAK you'd see where you'd sent the first one when it was time to plot the move for the 2nd and 3rd.

In addition, if you want them to all go to the same place, if you double click on the Platoon commander vehicle and give it orders, the other vehicles will mimick it and go there too (maintaining spacing, speed, etc.).

Looks like you are enjoying it anyway. :D

Well it sounds like you're not doing too bad as your new to it.

One tip that isn't intuitive is that it's sometime useful to use the target command as a line of sigt tool. Basically if you do a movement order and click on the lone or whitle blob then you can confirm what you are like to see.

I say likely because there are a couple of issues that'll catch you out- like you grunts going prone.

Another trick I like is when one unit can see and fire at at enemy, but other units can see the location but not see the enemy, and you want them all to fire at that enemy:

Plot a movement order for the unit that can see the enemy unit to the enemy unit. Then select the other friendlies and TARGET the end of the movement plot and you'll be right on target.

Pop quiz: Why must you be sure to delete the movement plot before hitting GO? :)